Monday, November 22, 2010

Family

At this time of year when we think about how blessed we are and give thanks for everything around us, how wonderful it is to be surrounded by family. I sat down to write in my journal last night and could only think about what a great family I have. I know I was a trial to my parents as I was growing up, but I think they have forgiven me! :-) I love the fact that I have 3 brothers that live just minutes away and the fact that our children all love each other and totally enjoy spending time together. I love that my parents live just a few hours away and take time to come up and spend time will us, even just sitting around reminiscing (and learning about things that we never told them when we were kids :-)). I love that my sister is still not TOO far away and we can see each other sometimes - but even more grateful for the technology that allows us to chat and share pictures to share in each others' lives. I love that my so-called "half" sister can come to visit once every 5 years or so but it seems like it was just yesterday because we are all so comfortable together. I am grateful for nephews getting married so we have more family! I love having reasons to get together and just enjoy each other's company, and I love getting together to enjoy each other's company with no reason whatsoever. I love nieces that love me and let me play with them. Thank you to all my family for loving me!


Hanging out at Jeff's around the supper table after eating a great meal.
Grandma made friends with Denika after a time.
Tea and Calista had just done their Primary program and so did Valerie. We did ours just a few weeks ago so all the kids got together and sang the song "I Know That My Savior Loves Me" for Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Laurie. Of course it brought tears to my eyes.
Piper entertaining Aunt Laurie
And Tamsyn and Tea entertaining everyone else with their gymnastics and break dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment