Thursday, November 4, 2010

Convention

Laurie and I were roommates again, just as we were at the Los Angeles convention last year and the kickoff meeting in Anaheim in January. I'm so glad because we are great friends as well as co-workers. It was a good convention although nowhere near as crazy busy as usual - nice for us! We had a great "pod", with fun people working around us, and I realized how much I enjoy working with my fellow employees. I had been having a terrible attitude toward work because I am so sick and tired of the micro-managing of my "team lead", so this convention time was a nice reprieve and opportunity to alter my attitude. Laurie and I had some of our buddies come to our room on Friday night to play card games and we got a little rowdy and out of control. Hotel security was called. Oops! Saturday night, before we checked out of the hotel we went to the final event of convention - a Styx concert. Yes, I went to a Styx concert. It was fun, but, man, are they old!
Here's our hotel room, it was no Disney Hotel, but it was a very nice room - sophisticated. Here is our "pod". Laurie and I got to work side by side once again. And we had "Scout" to guide us and entertain us with his juggling. :-)

Here are the convention buddies - Scout, Allison, Amanda and me. Laurie wasn't in it because she was the photographer.
We got just a little loud and crazy, trying to play Rage. Probably had something to do with that fun Jen B!

No comments:

Post a Comment