Friday, May 28, 2010

Peter's graduation


What a perfect day. I can't imagine a better graduation day. The weather was nice, everyone was in a good mood, all the preparations for the post graduation party got done and the graduation went smoothly. It was absolutely perfect. I am so proud of Peter accomplishing this - we weren't sure if we were going to see this day. He worked his hardest and got the credit that he needed with less than a week to go before graduation.

To be part of Westlake High School's very first graduating class made the ceremony even more special. I am glad that Peter decided to go to Westlake instead of staying at Lehi High School for his senior year - it was a good year for him, having a great experience in cross country and in his Thundervision classes.

I am grateful for all those that came to support him in his achievement - Mom and Dad (Grandma and Grandpa Randall), Daina (Grandma Jones), Alison and her girls and Maddie and Cameron Cook. I know it meant a lot to Peter to have everyone there, even though he would never express that to them. The ceremony was perfect - not too long and consisting of short, entertaining talks - and Peter looked great in his cap and gown. As I said - perfect.




We all headed back to our house to finish out the perfect day.



Jared and I surprised Peter with his graduation gift - the updated version of a "typewriter" - the gift I received at graduation more than 20 years ago - a laptop. He was thrilled, as you can tell by the look of excitement on his face. No, really he was. I think Maddie showed more enthusiasm. . .
Food, family, fun and fresh salsa were had by all.






So here is Peter demonstrating his post-graduation plan. He is going to sit at a local store with a tin can in front of him playing "Over the Rainbow" on a ukelele to earn money to get to Japan - his life's goal. That's my boy with his great ambition. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment