Friday, January 21, 2011

Birthday!

I had to blog about it because this is, by far, the best birthday I've had for a long, long time. It actually started last Sunday when Jared brought me breakfast in bed to start my birthday week since he knew he wouldn't be able to do that on the actual day. :) Then it continued on Monday night at family home evening when Daina surprised me with a birthday ice cream cake for the family home evening treat - in case there was too much going on on my real birthday. Nice!
And then NuSkin surprised me with the day off - not on purpose; my day off this week just happened to fall on the right day!
So today Jared and I went out to a game store and bought Dominion and Qwirkle, two of my favorite games from New Years. After that we went to the theater to see Tron. Not something either of us particularly wanted to see, but there wasn't anything better. Turned out to be quite a good movie! When we got home Marin and Nicolas were already home from school and they surprised me with a big birthday banner that they had made (they had given me handmade cards earlier) and a bag of candy. Marin wanted to go to the store because we didn't have any balloons. She bought me a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream cake too - with her own money! She is SO sweet!
Jared went out to get tacos for dinner and we ate tacos, played Qwirkle and had birthday cake. It was a lovely day and I feel so privileged to have this wonderful family who cares for me. Thanks to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment