Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Another young woman

And so it goes, another one out of Primary. Marin is so excited to be 12 and in Young Women's. This was a big birthday, of course, so we made sure that we did a birthday party for her this year. Since her birthday is during the Christmas break we usually don't put together a friend party because her friends are gone or busy with family. This year we just made it work - and it did! I bought food and made cupcakes, but the rest was up to her. She did the inviting and "party planning". Since we are really not the "planners" it was just kick-back, playing a game and watching a movie. But she was surrounded by friends and had a lot of fun and that is what counts.
A week before her birthday, Marin had given me a taste of what was to come. She and her friend Riley had gone to Jump On It with Nicolas on Nicolas' birthday and asked me to drop them off at the local Maurice's to try on clothes while I took Nicolas and his friend home. I left the camera with them too and came back to find - grownups! What happened to the little girls I left??

No comments:

Post a Comment