Thursday, July 29, 2010

I made this!


I feel like a little kid who just painted the best rainbow with her little watercolor paint set. I am not a crafty person - well, give me a pattern and instructions and I can follow - and not artistic at all, but I have really, really been wanting a sunflower wreath for my front door. My door is plain white and very dirty after 1o 1/2 years and it needed something to spruce it up. I have been looking for several years for the right sunflower wreath, but they are all too "fall-y". So I decided I had to make one myself. I have been gathering flowers and greens for several weeks and the other day I sat down on the floor with my grapevine wreath and wired and glued and cut and arranged for a few hours until I was satisfied. I love my wreath! Now let's see if I did a good enough job assembling when the next big windstorm comes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment