Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cousins? Or twins separated by 2 weeks and a day?

I have to say, I love, love, love, love that my kids are growing up with their cousins and are the best of friends. I love that they are such a support and have great love for one another. And I love that Markee and Tamsyn got to celebrate turning sweet sixteen together this year. Alison and I wanted to do something special for them, so we put together a mother/daughter overnight. We went out to eat, went to the movies, stayed at a hotel and went to the salon for pedicures and manicures. It was a great time for all of us!
To start our adventure out right, we started with dinner, of course. We chose Rumbi's because it was fast and near the theaters. Oh, and it's darn good. Yes, I ate the whole rice bowl (half bowl), except for the zucchini, of course. Tamsyn left her zucchini as well. :-) After eating, we headed to the theaters to see a movie. We decided to see "Despicable Me" for lack of anything else age-appropriate and interesting, but actually discovered it was a good movie. We all enjoyed it more than we thought we would. We checked into the Springhill Suites Marriott at Thanksgiving Point after the movie. Markee and Tamsyn explored every inch that they could of the hotel, but always ended up back at the workout room, which they both loved. They didn't come back to the room to stay until after midnight. Might have been because there were some baseball teams staying there for a tournament the next day . . . Alison and I kept ourselves busy playing card games. :-)

After checking out of the hotel, we took one more turn around Hidden Garden (which we had run into and explored in the dark Friday night) before heading to our next adventure.

We went to Capelli's beauty school for our pedicures and manicures, which was nice because, being a school, it had multiple stations and were were able to do our pedis and manis all at the same time. As you can see by the smiles, we all had fun. And I took a pictures of my pretty flowered toes. There were 3 girls students and one boy. I had the boy and I am the only one that got flowers painted on my toes. He must have been trying to prove something . . .











And here is the finished product. Even those of us that are ticklish thought the pedicures were fun. Thanks again, girls, for being so wonderful. Happy sweet sixteenth birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment