Friday, July 13, 2012

Girls Camp!

How excited I am to be back in the Young Women's program and to go back to girls camp!  People ask me all the time how I am liking being in young womens (awkward sentence :/) and I inevitably answer "it's great".  In all honesty I can't express how wonderful it really is.  I love the girls and being a part of their lives.  I only hope I can be an influence for good in their lives.  But, back to girls camp . . . It was a weird experience this year, being there without having a real relationship with any of the girls since we have only been in for a little over a month.  I found myself as more of an observer than a part of what was going on.  But I felt like a learned a lot about the dynamic of the girls.  It was a great year with no drama or incidents - just a lot of love and fellowshipping and bonding.  I was so excited to see that!  I was able to get to know a few of the girls that I didn't know at all and feel like we established a few bonds.
We realized one night that the old gang was all there, minus Suzie Bassett.  Charlotte is the stake camp director, Rachelle is the ward camp director and Cheryl came up when Brynne had to speak to the girls as the Wednesday night devotional.  We were all together again at camp for one night! :)
 We loved the fiber optic hair extensions that Rachelle got for us.  They were definitely the hit of the week!  Sydney looks like one of the girls, but what a great leader she is.  Hailey (her sister) and Baylie definitely love her too!
Marin was SO excited that her hair was long enough to be braided too.  The upside down braid was the hair trend of the week. 
Talia is so sweet and kind that even butterflies are not afraid of her. 
Our presidency, minus LeeAnn who couldn't come up because she couldn't leave her girls. 
Can't wait to see what the next year will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment