Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I made that!

Let's just start off by saying I am NOT a creative person.  Oh, I can copy like a master sometimes, but I do not come up with great artistic ideas.  For example, I buy cupcake cookbooks as "coffee table" books to look at.   My friend Tricia and my sisters-in-law are the ones that would actually use them.
 
Well, I signed up to make cupcakes for Teacher Appreciation Week at my kids' elementary school and I decided I was going to give it a go.  To make a long story short, since I am short on time - I have to get said cupcakes to the school - I rocked them!!  And I went one further.  The "lemon meringue" cupcakes?  Totally my idea!  Woo hoo!  To quote the Winter Warlock in one of my favorite movies, "I'm not such a loser after all!" :-)
Marin just let me know that I failed to give her any credit.  She was my M&Mer, helping me put in the "berries" and "lemon filling".  Couldn't have done it without her.  Sorry, sweetie!
And here is the evolution:

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Is that real meringue on there? I wouldn't even know how to do that. Hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete