Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Nicolas' birthday


My baby is 9. He is getting all growed up. I remember how old Peter seemed at this age. In some ways Nicolas seems so much younger, but in other ways he is way older. Having older siblings grows you up faster. I told Nicolas that he could have a party and he wanted to go to Jump On It. He had to invite fewer friends to do something so expensive, so I told him to just invite 2 or 3. He did me one better. He only invited one. His idea of a great birthday? Playing with his friend, Cody, all day. That's it. So I had Marin bring a friend too and Erik came and it all made a party. Nicolas did his "missionary work" for the day too. He and Cody had cooked up a scheme to have Cody sleep over on a Saturday so that he could check out Nicolas' church. Cody found out that 3 hours of church might be a bit much! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment