Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ah, spring

Brilliant blue skies, the drip, drip of melting snow, and mid-40's. I can feel it coming! It is actually light enough when the kids leave in the morning to see them go down the street and they always come home with just a sweatshirt (or not) on. And the cleaning fever is already hitting. I have been to the store a couple times in the last few weeks just to buy bins to organize things in. I mostly cleaned and rearranged both boys' rooms and the girls' room (still need more bins!). It's time to start getting outside. I went out to run in the dark early morning this morning and was able to see the trash cans before I ran into them! Ah, the long dark winter is almost over.
I love the change of seasons and always look forward to the first snow each winter. I love the time change that makes it dark in the evening because it feels so cozy at home. And I love the little chill in the air as fall descends upon the heat of summer. But there is nothing like the first warm breath of spring. The red buds on the trees, the mud - yes, even the mud! - and the first hint of green on the ground. Freezing cold lacrosse games - at least we are outside - and the really chilly Run For Red 5K every March truly mark the beginning of spring and revitalize and invigorate. It's almost here. Can I pull out the shorts yet? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment